Last DSIRE Review: 04/08/2013
||State Rebate Program
|Eligible Efficiency Technologies:
||Dishwasher, Refrigerators, Equipment Insulation, Lighting, Lighting Controls/Sensors, Chillers , Furnaces , Boilers, Heat pumps, Central Air conditioners, Heat recovery, Steam-system upgrades, Compressed air, Programmable Thermostats, Energy Mgmt. Systems/Building Controls, Motor VFDs, Processing and Manufacturing Equipment, Agricultural Equipment, Comprehensive Measures/Whole Building, Custom/Others pending approval, Evaporative Coolers, Vending Machine Controls, Commercial Refrigeration Equipment, Personal Computing Equipment, Data Center Equipment, Food Service Equipment, LED Lighting
||Commercial, Industrial, Nonprofit, Schools, Local Government, Construction, State Government, Tribal Government, Fed. Government, Agricultural, Institutional
|Amount:||Prescriptive: Varies by equipment type|
Custom:10-30% of project costs
|Maximum Incentive:||Prescriptive: Varies by equipment type|
Custom: $200,000 or 30% per project
Total Prescriptive and Custom combined: $400,000 per calendar year
|Equipment Requirements:||Must meet Focus on Energy's standards for energy efficiency|
|Funding Source:||Focus On Energy Program |
|Expiration Date:||03/31/2014 (current applications)|
Focus on Energy offers financial incentives to eligible business customers who install many types of qualifying energy efficient equipment in existing buildings. The program offers both prescriptive incentives for a variety of specific improvements and custom incentives for improvements that do not fall under any of the prescriptive listings. In order to receive awards participants must be a customer of a participating electric or gas utility (i.e., participating gas utility for gas incentives and participating electric utility for electricity incentives). In addition, this program is applicable only to businesses that use between 100 kW and 1,000 kW of demand in any given month of the previous year. Businesses that do not fit this description may be eligible the Small Business Program, the Large Energy Users Program or the Chain Stores and Franchises Program.
Below is a list of equipment categories for which incentives are available, with short descriptions of some eligible technologies. Interested parties should see the program web site for incentive amounts and more detailed qualifying criteria. Application periods run from April 1-March 31 of each year.
- Agricultural: Lighting; Irrigation Pump Horsepower Reduction; Dairy and Livestock Efficient Technologies; Dairy Refrigeration; Greenhouse Technologies
- Compressed Air: Compressed Air System Survey and Report; Variable Speed Air Compressor; Other Compressed Air Technologies
- Food Service: Ice Machines; Dishwasher, Commercial Fryers; Refrigerators and Freezers; Steam Cookers; Convection Ovens; Griddles; Hot Food Holding Cabinets; Hood Ventilation Controls; Rack Ovens
- HVAC: Heating, Ventilation and Cooling Systems; HVAC Tune-Up; Rooftop Unit Optimization; Steam Trap Maintenance and Replacement
- Information Systems: Air Conditioning Equipment; Drycoolers, PC Network Energy Management
- Refrigeration System: Refrigeration Tune-Up; Anti-Sweat Heater Controls; Efficient Reach-In Case Door, LED Reach-In Case Lighting and Occupancy Sensors; Evaporator and/or Condenser Fan ECM Motors; Night Curtains; Beverage Cooler Controls
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Other: Guestroom Energy Management Controls; Loading Dock Seals and LED Light Fixtures; High Efficiency Vending Machines and Vending Machine Controls; Water Heaters; Water Heater Fuel Conversion; Radiant Heater Bands for Plastics; Radiant Tube Inserts for Heat Treating; Repulper Rotor and Pressure Screen Rotor for Pulp and Paper
To obtain custom incentives, interested applicants must work with a Focus on Energy adviser to obtain pre-approval for projects prior to purchasing and installing the equipment. All equipment must be new, and existing equipment must be removed (and preferably recycle). Projects with less than a 1.5 year payback are not eligible, and projects with payback of 10 years or longer may be subject to case-by-case eligibility determinations. Custom incentives must be between 10% and 30% of project costs, and are limited to $200,000 per project. An individual customer may receive up to $400,000 for prescriptive and custom projects combined per calendar year.